Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's day eveeeee


Its mother's day eve and i was staying at home like a practical good girl :P never join the guys for everyone's beloved IpMan, but luckily i didnt, cuz my voice sounded damn awful, or as for an example, toad? D; eww i hate it, especially when i cant shout out loud well at home :O

so, ive been thinking of a plan to surprise my mum but remain idealess. later i came up with a baking plan and asked friends to join me but its too late to prepare all the stuffs i such a rush so i decided to bake myself at home instead. and since this is the first time im learning to bake, i decided to tell my mum about it, so that she can guide me along while im on progress, but the thing is that, shes not allowed to touch any of the ingredients or utensils, cuz shes not suppose to :P therefore this plan is not really a surprise after all.

credits to big sis for fetching me to get the ingredients bought. everything's a mess when i started with the biscuits crumbs, cheese, and butter. got some on the floor too :O but overall was okay, the steps are many but simple. i took 2 hours and 45 mins to finish up everything. sweat a little cuz i never turn on the fan as im afraid the wind will blow off the powder stuff everywhere @@

when its done i cleaned and washed up everything in the sink and table all by myself. what a tough thing to do, especially when im having a bad headache and flu ! arghhh god, my sore throat nightmare had just ended alright ?! and now these two again -.- what a luck. im kinda afraid of h1n1 though :O CHOI ! i wont get it @@

the funny part is, i cant smell anything fom the oven after i had placed the tray in for a while :O but later, i realised that mum had actually turned on he wrong temperature ! aduh, no wonder theres no smell of the cake ! xD

later, we can finally smell the fregrance ! but well actually not me, my flu is preventing from smelling anything D;

i can hear my mum kept on saying that the cake smells good and cant wait to try it :) really glad to see her eagerness to try it~

i ate my lunch at 6pm and i was soo hungry that i finished up the whole chicken porrige in the pot, including kim's share D; poor sis LOL, anyway this taught her a lesson not to play the lappy till abandon her empty stomach. later then i ate my black glutinous rice dessert as well, yummy ! and now i had no appetite for dinner. plus, with my stucked nose, i cant taste anything, its meaningless to eat after all >:(

Was actually going for badminton with dad but i turned him down reluctantly as im not feeling well and i havent study a thing today as ive promised myself before. should i stay up late at night, enuring the sickness and study ? i guess so.
.
pics to share;
in the oven (peeked with my torchlight)
.
done ! i wish i could cover the top part with icing or whip cream or something :\
.
dessert from 记得食 @ KepongBaru. long time no eat !
.
.
-pearly-

No comments: